Saturday, January 15, 2011

Is it ME Time yet?

There are times when you just know that you are not getting enough quality ME Time. I have a few right off the top of my head that have happened in the past month.

First, Hubs was so incredibly sweet for Christmas. He got me a Spa Day. He said "You deserve it!" And you know what?....I DO! But the even sweeter part of the gift was that rather then go and get a gift certificate for a specific amount of money or a special package from the Spa, he just handed me the "menu" from the spa and said "Go do what ever you want to do!" BLANK CHECK! I get to do ANYTHING I want. Not just ONE thing, ANYthing.

So I start looking over the menu, get out my highlighter to mark the stuff I want. Number One item on my list, a massage. After birthing 2 babies, 3 years of Stay At Home Mom-ing and carrying around babies that love to hover around the TOP of the growth charts, my back is KILLING me. The idea of just laying there while someone works all that tension out sounds HEAVENLY.

After I highlighted the crap out of the massage section, my gaze turned to the waxing section. At the bottom of the section it says "Body hair should have a minimum two-weeks growth prior to scheduling an appointment." This is were I came to the realization that I just don't have enough ME Time. I didn't even have to THINK about this. I KNEW I had more then 2 weeks growth. What I had a harder time figuring out was when the last time I took a shower without small person joining me or pounding at the door, yelling "Mumma! You take a shower? I take a shower too?!" It's virtually impossible to shave your legs in either of those situations.

Tonight, I had the opportunity to partake in the ever elusive Bubble Bath. The kids were both asleep, Hubs was home relatively early, the kitchen was somewhat clean and dinner was on Warm in the CrockPot. I went in to start the bath and went looking for some relaxing bubble bath to make the most of this rare occasion.

I looked in the closet....and looked in the cabinet.....and went back to the closet.
This really couldn't be the only thing I had for bubble bath solution. Seriously?
In my hand, I held the green bottle of Sesame Street Watermelon scented bubbles that Craz-E uses when we let him turn the bathroom into a swimming pool.

I remember when before I was Mummy, I had bath salts, bath beads, sweet scented oils and soaps that were designed just for relaxing baths in dim lights; pumice scrubs for home pedicures that would leave your feet soft and tingly. You would leave the bathroom and feel like a new woman!

Now, I get 20-30 minutes every 6 months and leave the bathroom smelling like a sticky picnic fruit.

After that realization, I'm even more excited about my Spa Day then I was before. I'm just hoping it's not going to take another 6 months before I can actually do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment